Navigating the Mortgage Maze (with Dale Vermillion)
Howard Dayton and Steve Moore welcome mortgage expert, Dale Vermillion. They answer listener questions at (800) 525-7000 and MoneyWise@Compass1.org:
- "What are 'discount mortgage points' and is that a worthwhile expense?"
- "I've been turned down for a mortgage a couple of times due to an insufficient credit score - is there a lender who would be more likely to approve me?"
- "I'm 'underwater' in my current mortgage - should I just let my house go into foreclosure?"
- 'How much does my job longevity affect my chances of getting a mortgage?"
- "What cautions should I be aware of when looking for a mortgage?"
- "Should I sell a rental home to help me get out of debt faster?"
- "Should we borrow against our Home Equity Line of Credit to pay off another debt?"
Mentioned on today's program was Dale Vermillion's book, 'Navigating the Mortgage Maze' and the 'HARP' program (at MakingHomeAffordable.gov). Also mentioned was the Compass small-group study, 'Navigating Your Finances God's Way' and the Compass Money Map. Be sure to check out the Compass website (www.compass1.org) for a complete listing of helpful resources and radio archives.
Thanks for your prayers and generous financial support which allow us to keep MoneyWise on-the-air!
Featured Resources From Faith & Finance
New Year, New Budget. Get FaithFi Pro for 22% Off! FaithFi is the leading biblically-based finance app. Not only can you manage money like other leading apps, but you will also get access to leading biblical financial resources and a community of like-minded believers. No other finance app offers all these elements in one place specifically built for Christians: * Securely connect your financial accounts, * Automatically track your spending, *Create financial goals and track your progress, * Customize your spending plan. Download the app and use promo code “NEWYEAR2023” to get started. Using the app also helps fund our ongoing outreach to share God’s financial principles with others.