Tax Refunds and I.D.Theft
Howard Dayton and Steve Moore tell you how to keep identity thieves from stealing your tax refund. Then the answer questions from listeners at 800-525-7000 and MoneyWise@Compass1.org:
- "How do we handle a request for help with college tuition when we just don’t have it?"
- "When I signed up for Social Security, I was told that I had a retirement plan that dated back many years - how do I find the details of that account?” (Howard recommended ssa.gov)
- "Can you help me with a strategy to pay off my school loans ($20,000) this year?"
- "Who do I contact if I lose my wallet?” (Howard mentioned TransUnion,Equifax and Experian)
- "Can you explain the differences between the various types of life insurance?” (Howard mentioned the Compass Calculators)
- "What can you tell me about investing in commercial real estate?"
Mentioned on today’s program were the four Compass small group studies: ‘Navigating Your Finances God’s Way’, 'Business God's Way’, 'Money and Marriage God's Way' and 'Set Your House in Order'. Be sure to check out the Compass website for a complete listing of helpful resources and radio archives.
Thanks for your prayers and generous financial support which allow us to keep MoneyWise on-the-air!
Featured Resources From MoneyWise
Don't be ruled by external financial pressures and circumstances. Our security is not found in money or possessions. A strong foundation for true financial success usually involves a change in perspective rather than in income. Biblical counselor Jim Newheiser's reflection questions and practical exercises, paired with Scripture's wisdom on financial and work-related topics, point you toward fiscal responsibility on earth and treasure in heaven. In this 31-Day Devotional, biblical counselors and Bible teachers guide you through Scripture passages that speak to specific situations and struggles, inspiring you to apply God's Word to your life in practical ways day after day. Request your copy with your gift of any amount to MoneyWise. Your generous donation helps expand our outreach to share God’s financial principles with others.