Facing Financial Temptation
Howard Dayton and Steve Moore remind us that God's word - and a close relationship with Christ - are our key defenses against the lure of financial temptation. Then they turn to questions from listeners (800) 525-7000 and Money- Wise@Compass1.org.
- "Should I borrow money from my Thrift Savings Plan to pay off credit card debt?"
- "Is it okay to cut back on my giving in order to focus on my personal financial health?"
- "Should my teen have her own checking account and debit card?"
- "A company has offered to lend money to my small business based on our 'receivables' - is that risky?"
- "What do you think of life insurance 'survivor's benefits'?"
- "How much of my monthly budget should be allocated to transportation?"
Mentioned on today's program was Howard's book, 'Your Money Counts' as well as a host of free financial calculators. Be sure to check out the Compass website for a complete listing of helpful resources and radio archives.
Thanks for your prayers and generous financial support which allow us to keep MoneyWise on-the-air!
Featured Resources From Faith & Finance
While managing how you spend, save, and give is important, understanding the biblical principles of earning money in work and business is critical, too! The Business God’s Way book will improve your business and your finances. Learn what God says about operating a business and handling money. Business God’s Way is for everyone in business—the CEO or manager of a department, small business or large, prosperous or struggling, whether a business is a startup or well established. Request your copy with your gift of any amount to FaithFi. Your generous donation helps expand our outreach to share God’s financial principles with others.