You’re a faithful contributor to your 401k or IRA. Over time you’ve watched your investments grow. But deep inside maybe you ask yourself where are those earnings coming from. Biblical values should guide our investing decisions. But that involves more than just avoiding objectionable companies. Rob West talks with Jason Myhre of Eventide about actively putting your money where your faith is.
• Business is really an extension of God’s gift of work. From what sources are the profits and from which companies are your portfolios invested?
• Are these investments making an impact on my integrity? Are these companies that I fundamentally feel good about owning? Not just successful companies but admirable, moral ones.
• Businesses that are operating with integrity that excel at creating value for their customers and employees—by creating products that are serving a need in society—these are precisely the kinds of things that I think drive long-term returns. So, we don’t have to think in term of trade-offs.
• Will values-based investing provide me with proper diversification?
• Is it unrealistic to think that we can change the world through our investments?
On today’s program we also answer your questions:
• What do you think about the lease-to-buy option for cars?
• What’s the Christian perspective on these COVID-related, personal bail-outs by the government?
Ask your questions at (800) 525-7000 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our website at moneywise.org where you can connect with a MoneyWise Coach, purchase books, and even download free, helpful resources.
Like and Follow us on Facebook at MoneyWise Media for videos and the very latest discussion! Remember that it’s your prayerful and financial support that keeps MoneyWise on the air. Help us continue this outreach by clicking the Donate tab at the top of the page.