Spring Cleaning Your Finances
Howard Dayton and Steve Moore give some helpful recommendations from the american bankers association for the best ways to clean up your finances for spring. Then they turn to the phone lines (800-525-7000) for more questions from listeners:
- "Why is part of my social security taxable?"
- "What is the best way to build my credit?"
- "My husband and I had a debt discharged in 2009 that did not include our mortgage. We recently found out that the mortgage company has not been reporting our mortgage payments to the credit union. Does this affect me negatively?"
- "My husband is not a Christian and does not like to include me in the finances of our family. Do you have any suggestions on what I could do about this?"
- "What are your thoughts on a cash out refinance?"
Be sure to check out the Compass website for a complete listing of helpful resources and radio archives.
Thanks for your prayers and generous financial support which allows us to keep MoneyWise on-the-air!
Featured Resources From MoneyWise
Don't be ruled by external financial pressures and circumstances. Our security is not found in money or possessions. A strong foundation for true financial success usually involves a change in perspective rather than in income. Biblical counselor Jim Newheiser's reflection questions and practical exercises, paired with Scripture's wisdom on financial and work-related topics, point you toward fiscal responsibility on earth and treasure in heaven. In this 31-Day Devotional, biblical counselors and Bible teachers guide you through Scripture passages that speak to specific situations and struggles, inspiring you to apply God's Word to your life in practical ways day after day. Request your copy with your gift of any amount to MoneyWise. Your generous donation helps expand our outreach to share God’s financial principles with others.