Howard Dayton and Steve Moore start today's edition of MoneyWise by diving into the e-mail bag (MoneyWise@Compass1.org). Then they turn to the phone lines (800-525-7000) for more questions from listeners:
- "I can either tithe or pay my rent - how do I switch to handling money God's way when I have so many 'worldly' commitments?"
- "We're cashing in some annuities - would it be better to invest the proceeds or pay off our home?"
- "What do you think about rolling money from my 401(k) into an IRA and then using a portion of it to build a house?"
- "With online banking, do I still have to balance my checkbook?"
- "We're nearing retirement - what's the best way to use some extra monthly income?"
- "Should we pursue re-financing for a third time?" (Steve recommended checking out HUD.gov)
- "How much of our daughter's college tuition should we pay?" (caller was encouraged to check out ScholarshipCoach.com)
Be sure to check out the Compass website for a complete listing of helpful resources and radio archives. Thanks for your prayers and generous financial support which allows us to keep MoneyWise on-the-air!
Featured Resources From Faith & Finance
New Year, New Budget. Get FaithFi Pro for 22% Off! FaithFi is the leading biblically-based finance app. Not only can you manage money like other leading apps, but you will also get access to leading biblical financial resources and a community of like-minded believers. No other finance app offers all these elements in one place specifically built for Christians: * Securely connect your financial accounts, * Automatically track your spending, *Create financial goals and track your progress, * Customize your spending plan. Download the app and use promo code “NEWYEAR2023” to get started. Using the app also helps fund our ongoing outreach to share God’s financial principles with others.