Tuesday June 7, 2005
Who We Can Count On
On the basis of God's character, what assurances can we rely on every single day?
1. God will extend His loving kindness to us. Sending Christ to die in our place proves His love for us. (1 John 4:10) His unchanging nature confirms He will love us forever. (Psalm 100:5)
2. The Lord will help us do what He requires of us. He provides the spiritual wisdom to carry out our assignments and the inner strength to complete the tasks. We will receive everything we really need. (Hebrews 13:21)
3. God will limit the pressures and temptations He sends to us. Like a master craftsman, He understands what force can be applied to shape us into His Son's image without breaking us. (2 Corinthians 4:8)
4. God will strengthen and protect us so we do not have to compromise or yield. Although we are weak, He also knows how strong we can be as His divine power works in us. His Holy Spirit gives us the spiritual strength to say no to temptation. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
5. God will forgive our sins. God stands ready to receive our confession, forgive us, and bring us back into fellowship with Him every single time. (1 John 1:9)
We also have assurances for the future. We can trust that life does not end when our earthly body dies (2 Corinthians 5:8); that we will live in heaven forever; and that Jesus Christ will return someday and set all things right.
Life certainly has trials (John 16:33). But when challenges press in, think about all the reasons that we can depend upon God.
* * *
Do you have questions about the end times? Be sure to watch Answers for End Times, a powerful webcast that aired live on May 19, featuring Dr. Dwight Pentecost and Dr. Stanley. Visit www.intouch.org for more information.Pray for Dr. Stanley and In Touch Ministries with thousands of others across the globe. Join the Impact Prayer Team today! Visit www.intouch.org for more information.