Howard and Steve reveal how to endure tough financial times. Then they answer listener questions at (800) 525-7000 and MoneyWise@Compass1.org:
- "Do I have to pay income taxes on a cash gift and how should I tithe on that?"
- "My father passed away and I am managing the estate. When we sell his house, must that be reported as income?"
- "Should I transfer assets into my children's' names in case I need to apply for Medicaid down the road?"
- "Does the Bible say debt is okay if you have the means to repay the loan?"
- "Does God's Word say anything about shopping at stores whose corporate values aren't Bible-based?"
Be sure to check out the Compass website for a complete listing of helpful resources and radio archives.
Thanks for your prayers and generous financial support which allow us to keep MoneyWise on-the-air!
Featured Resources From MoneyWise
Don't be ruled by external financial pressures and circumstances. Our security is not found in money or possessions. A strong foundation for true financial success usually involves a change in perspective rather than in income. Biblical counselor Jim Newheiser's reflection questions and practical exercises, paired with Scripture's wisdom on financial and work-related topics, point you toward fiscal responsibility on earth and treasure in heaven. In this 31-Day Devotional, biblical counselors and Bible teachers guide you through Scripture passages that speak to specific situations and struggles, inspiring you to apply God's Word to your life in practical ways day after day. Request your copy with your gift of any amount to MoneyWise. Your generous donation helps expand our outreach to share God’s financial principles with others.