Don’t Neglect Prayer
Howard Dayton and Steve Moore remind us that praying about our financial issues is pleasing to God! Then they take financial questions from listeners at 800-525-7000 and MoneyWise@Compass1.org:
- "Can you help us decide on the best way to pay off some credit cards?” (Howard mentioned BankRate.com)
- "How much of an upcoming inheritance should I apply to my school debt?"
- "Is debt pay-off always more important than improving my credit score?"
- "What are the tax implications of a company ‘buyout’?"
- "Where’s the best place to invest a large sum of money that I’ll need for a house downpayment?” (Howard mentioned the Compass Map)
- "Is our plan to pay off our home quickly too ambitious?"
Mentioned on today’s program was the 'Set Your House in Order' Bible Study. Be sure to check out our website, Compass1.org, for a number of helpful resources. And thanks for your prayers and generous financial support which allow us to keep MoneyWise on-the-air!
Featured Resources From MoneyWise
Don't be ruled by external financial pressures and circumstances. Our security is not found in money or possessions. A strong foundation for true financial success usually involves a change in perspective rather than in income. Biblical counselor Jim Newheiser's reflection questions and practical exercises, paired with Scripture's wisdom on financial and work-related topics, point you toward fiscal responsibility on earth and treasure in heaven. In this 31-Day Devotional, biblical counselors and Bible teachers guide you through Scripture passages that speak to specific situations and struggles, inspiring you to apply God's Word to your life in practical ways day after day. Request your copy with your gift of any amount to MoneyWise. Your generous donation helps expand our outreach to share God’s financial principles with others.