Best Things to Buy In January and February
Howard Dayton and Steve Moore discuss the best things to purchase in the first of the year. Then the answer questions from listeners at 800-525-7000 and MoneyWise@Compass1.org:
- "Last year I was able to pay off my fiance's car. Can this count as a tax deduction since it was sort of a gift?"
- "My brother has recently been through an identity mix up because he and my late father share the same name. What is the best way to clear this up?"
- "What is the quickest way to pay off my debt?"
- "Can I scan and save my tax papers and receipts on the computer?"
- "My husband is in ministry and is not bringing in enough money to support our family. I have been the bread winner for the past few years. He doesn't want to take on any other job other than in ministry. What should we do?"
- My empolyer only matches 50% of my income to my 401K. Should I still contribute?"
Be sure to check out the Compass website for a complete listing of helpful resources and radio archives.
Thanks for your prayers and generous financial support which allow us to keep MoneyWise on-the-air!
Featured Resources From MoneyWise
Don't be ruled by external financial pressures and circumstances. Our security is not found in money or possessions. A strong foundation for true financial success usually involves a change in perspective rather than in income. Biblical counselor Jim Newheiser's reflection questions and practical exercises, paired with Scripture's wisdom on financial and work-related topics, point you toward fiscal responsibility on earth and treasure in heaven. In this 31-Day Devotional, biblical counselors and Bible teachers guide you through Scripture passages that speak to specific situations and struggles, inspiring you to apply God's Word to your life in practical ways day after day. Request your copy with your gift of any amount to MoneyWise. Your generous donation helps expand our outreach to share God’s financial principles with others.