Sunday July 11, 2004
InTouch Early Light Devotional
Back to Basics: Our Thoughts
1 Corinthians 2:16
This may come as a surprise to some, but the apostle Paul writes that we have the mind of Christ within us. This does not mean that we are like God in the omnipotent sense. We have a finite ability when it comes to mental perception. God is infinite in His ability and knows all things. He is omniscient.
However, we are His children. We belong to His family, and we have the ability to think on the things of God. But Satan does not enjoy taking a backseat, especially in the area of our thoughts. He knows if he can get our minds focused on negative, self-defeating, and impure thoughts, then most of the battle for our minds will be fought and won by him.
Learn to say no to his foolishness and demeaning suggestions by giving God full control of your thought life. You can reprogram your thoughts with His truth when you:
- Acknowledge that you have the capacity to think correctly. (1 Corinthians 2:16)
- Seek spiritual issues instead of focusing on negative suggestions. (Colossians 3:1-2)
- Sift thoughts through God's grid-His Word and will for your life. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
- Choose to refuse dark, negative thoughts that do not edify Christ's presence in your life.
- Renew your mind by feasting on the Word of God. (Colossians 3:16)
Are you looking for an outreach that will inspire your children to grow in their faith? Visit Teen Connection (www.teen-connection.info), the official teen outreach of In Touch Ministries. Be sure to check out the latest interviews with Atlanta Braves' pitcher Russ Ortiz and Dove award-winning band, downhere.
For free one-on-one mentoring online from Dr. Charles Stanley, visit