God uses Gideon's 300 men to rout the entire Midianite army.
"Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit" is the work of the Lord accomplished (
· Because the Lord is our victory, we praise Him and rest in His care:
Oh, give thanks to the Lord!
Call upon His name;
Make known His deeds among the peoples.
Sing to Him, sing psalms to Him;
Talk of all His wondrous works.
Glory in His holy name;
Let the hearts of those rejoice who seek the Lord
· Pause for praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
"The heart is deceitful above all things,
And desperately wicked;
Who can know it?
I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give every man according to his ways,
According to the fruit of his doings. . . ."
Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed;
Save me, and I shall be saved,
For You are my praise
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love" (
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater commitment to the Lord,
· the work of specific Christian ministries for which you are concerned,
· your activities for the day.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
This is the day which the Lord has made;
We will rejoice and be glad in it