Gideon is chosen to rule Israel.
God takes ordinary people and does extraordinary things through them because of their devotion to Him. This is true in times of apostasy when God sometimes calls His mightiest servants from places of obscurity and gives them faith to believe Him. He works great deliverance through them.
This is certainly the case with Gideon who exclaims that he is from the weakest family in Manasseh and is the youngest in that family. Yet he is devoted to the Lord and, therefore, usable for God's purposes.
· Praise the Lord for the privilege of following Him fully:
Make a joyful shout to God, all the earth!
Sing out the honor of His name;
Make His praise glorious.
Say to God,
"How awesome are Your works!
Through the greatness of Your power
Your enemies shall submit themselves to You.
All the earth shall worship You
And sing praises to You;
They shall sing praises to Your name"
· Pause for praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
The Lord is merciful and gracious,
Slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.
As a father pities his children,
So the Lord pities those who fear Him.
For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pray this affirmation to the Lord:
All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, include:
· growth in all areas of your life,
· fulfillment of the Great Commission,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Every creature which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, I heard saying:
"Blessing and honor and glory and power
Be to Him who sits on the throne,
And to the Lamb, forever and ever!"