1 Kings 10
The Queen of Sheba visits Solomon.
Solomon leads Israel in righteousness, and God pours out His blessing on the nation to such an extent that the reports of Israel's prosperity spread throughout the world. The Queen of Sheba visits Solomon because she cannot believe the reports she has been hearing. After Solomon meets with her and shows her around Jerusalem, she is overwhelmed.
The blessing of Israel is to draw attention to the God of Israel. Today as the Lord blesses us spiritually for our faithfulness to Him, attention will be drawn, not to us, but to the Lord.
· Thank the Lord that He still does marvelous things through His people-things that make the world stand up and take notice:
Oh come, let us sing to the Lord!
Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.
Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving;
Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
For the Lord is the great God,
And the great King above all gods. . . .
Oh come, let us worship and bow down;
Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.
For He is our God,
And we are the people of His pasture,
And the sheep of His hand
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pray this affirmation to the Lord who blesses the work of His people:
God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (Ephesians 2:4-5
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, include:
· greater faithfulness in evangelism,
· the church's impact on the world,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
We give You thanks, O Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was and who is to come, because You have taken Your great power and reigned (Revelation 11:17