After His resurrection, Jesus appears to His disciples.
Jesus' message of salvation is the greatest news on earth. He does not leave to chance the need for His message to be taken to all earth's people.
On the basis of His authority, we are to go, and to go in confidence that, as we are obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ's commission, He will accomplish His work through us.
· Because someone "came" to give the Gospel to us, thank the Lord and give Him your praise:
Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad;
And let them say among the nations,
"The Lord reigns." . . .
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
Blessed be the Lord God of Israel from everlasting to everlasting!
And all the people said, "Amen!" and praised the Lord
· Pause for personal praise and thanksgiving. Pray this confession to the Lord as you seek to keep your life free from sin:
I have sinned greatly in what I have done; but now, I pray, O Lord, take away the iniquity of Your servant, for I have done very foolishly (
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
Therefore we make it our aim, whether present or absent, to be well pleasing to Him. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, that each one may receive the things done in the body, according to what he has done, whether good or bad (
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater commitment to the Lord,
· blessings on the work of specific Christians,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart,
All you who hope in the Lord (