After feeding the 5000, Jesus teaches that He is the "Bread of Life."
Throughout Jesus' ministry, He often speaks in figures of speech. Sometimes the people understand what those sayings mean; sometimes they don't. Jesus promises living water to the woman at the well, so she will never thirst. Her reply is: "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water?" (
He later explains to His disciples, "The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life" (
· Offer your praise to the God who reveals His will to you through His Word:
The heavens declare the glory of God;
And the firmament shows His handiwork.
Day unto day utters speech,
And night unto night reveals knowledge.
There is no speech nor language
Where their voice is not heard.
Their line has gone out through all the earth,
And their words to the end of the world
· As you seek to keep your life free from sin, pray this confession to the Lord:
Who can understand his errors?
Cleanse me from secret faults.
Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins;
Let them not have dominion over me
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. Now pause to pray this affirmation to the Lord:
He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? (
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· greater understanding of the Bible,
· your activities for the day,
· whatever else is on your heart.
· Offer this closing prayer to the Lord:
I will praise the Lord according to His righteousness,
And will sing praise to the name of the Lord Most High