Goals for Daily Living
This devotional was written by Jim Burns
In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.—Proverbs 16:9
Have you ever written down goals for living your life? I'm not talking about the do's and don'ts of legalism. I mean forming a philosophy of life and then living your life to the fullest according to your goals.
F.B. Meyer was a great writer and minister of the gospel. He had seven goals for daily living that I use and recommend.
1. Make a daily, definite consecration of yourself to God (audibly).
2. Tell God you are willing to be willing about all.
3. Reckon on Christ to do His part perfectly.
4. Confess sin instantly.
5. Hand over to Christ every temptation and care.
6. Keep in touch with Christ. (Read the Word, and good books; pray; and seek places and people where He is.)
7. Expect the Holy Spirit to work in, with, and for you.