God's Way of Salvation
The Book of Exodus continues the incredible story of God's desires for us His creations. Please turn there with me as we uncover within these pages the wonders of Jesus Christ. He is perfectly all we need.
- Exodus 1-18: God Reveals His Way Of Salvation. = out of the world. Divine Redemption Has Jesus As Its Perfect Redeemer. God Shows The Way Out... Of Bondage Into Freedom. God Is Showing He Is Powerful.
- Exodus 19-23: God Reveals His Way Of Sanctification. = under the word. Divine Morality Has Jesus As Its Perfect Example. The Way Out... Of Ignorance Into God's Law And Program. God Is Showing He Is Holy.
- Exodus 24-40: God Reveals His Way Of Worship. = unto worship. Divine Worship Has Jesus As Its Perfect Focus. The Way Out...Of The World Into God's Presence. God Is Showing He Is Knowable.
To really get a hold on this book, think with me what it lets us in on. It is no less than God's discipleship of an entire nation. Have you ever thought of that?
God reveals his way of salvation. Divine Redemption Has Jesus As Its Perfect Redeemer. God Shows The Way Out. . .Of Bondage Into Freedom. (Exodus 1-18). God Is Showing He Is Powerful.
- God KNOWS and UNDERSTANDS THE Bitterness of Life
- God PROVIDES A Deliverer (Exodus 2) Moses' 1 st 40 years in Pharaoh's palace. Christ was like Moses in His life.
- Both were born of poor parents under a tyrant; were preserved in infancy, whereas others were destroyed.
- Both spent many years in humble toil (shepherd, carpenter).
- Both demonstrated their calling by miracles.
- Both fasted forty days in a wilderness.
- Both rejected the easy way: Pharaoh's daughter, Satan's temptation.
- Both made the sea obey them: Red Sea, Sea of Galilee.
- Both their faces shone with glory: Sinai, Mount of Transfiguration.
- Both fed thousands miraculously; were very meek.
- Both were rejected by national Israel; They were the only two divinely authorized lawgivers that the world has ever seen.
Christ is superior to Moses.
- Moses' miracles were ones of judgement; Christ's, of healing.
- Moses could not lead Israel into the land (Matt.28:18; Heb. 10:19-20).
- Moses was the servant; Christ, the Son (Heb. 3:1-6).
- Moses was for the Jews; Christ's redemption is universal (1 John 2:1-2).
- Moses manifested the law; Christ, grace (Heb. 7:19; John 1:17).
- God will put His words in this prophet's mouth; and if any hearken not to Him, God will require it of him (Deut. 18:18-19).
- God sends HIS SERVANTS (Exodus 3-6)
God chooses Moses (3:1-12) Moses' 2 nd 40 years in the desert of Midian.
- God reveals His Name of Names in the bush (3:13-22) SEVEN I AM'S OF CHRIST in JOHN. John 8:58 Jesus said to them, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM." NKJV This is the ultimate statement of being the only foundation, cause and purpose for life.
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/gods-way-of-salvation-in-exodus/
For more from Discover the Book Ministries, please visit discoverthebook.org
Listen to Dr. John Barnett at OnePlace.com.