All Sins are Forgivable
The New Testament records 37 miracles that Jesus performed during His earthly ministry.
These include sight to the blind, hearing to the deaf, life to the dead, health to the sick - and many other tremendous miracles supernaturally performed by Christ.
Which one was the greatest? If you analyze them they were wonderful but ALL were only temporary.
- The paralyzed, lame, mute, and blind that Jesus gave back eyes, fingers, toes, and skin eventually lost them all again when they got sick and died some years later.
- Peter's mother-in-law was miraculously set free from a fever but years later died of other causes which may also involve a fever.
- The food miraculously created by Jesus was consumed by the five and four thousands, and used up - and hunger returned the next day.
- The eyes restored to blind Bartimaeus were used, worn out, and dimmed by the time he died.
- The hearing that the deaf received were subject to the natural downward slide of the human body and faded most likely by their death.
- Those dancing feet after Christ's touch that the lame possessed, soon turned to a shuffle and then stopped working altogether as they lay in bed awaiting death many years later.
- Lepers who found fresh new skin and limbs saw them again return to wrinkles, weakness, and finally immobility as circulation, respiration, and digestion all slowly were assaulted by the weight of many years.
- So yes, Jesus performed many miracles - but all of them but one were TEMPORARY.
So, which was the greatest of all Christ's miracles?
The answer is the one that never faded, never aged, never ended. It was the miracle unfaded by time, untouched by health, unaffected by circumstances. That miracle, the greatest miracle is the one that Jesus Christ is still doing in our midst today. It is the miracle that I have personally experienced. It is the miracle that most of us in this room have also experienced. It is the greatest of all Christ's miracles - the miracle of complete forgiveness.
- JESUS DECLARES ALL SINS ARE FORGIVEABLE. 3:28 "Truly I tell you, people will be forgiven for their sins and whatever blasphemies they utter." (NRSV) FORGIVENESS IS ABSOLUTE: The drunkenness of Noah, the lies of Abraham, the deceit of Jacob, the murder by Moses, the doubting of Gideon, the adultery of David, and the denials of Peter - they ALL are forgivable, and so is ANYTHING THAT YOU HAVE EVER DONE OR WILL DO! "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow." Isaiah 1:18 The doctrine here laid down is the crown and glory of the Gospel. The very first thing it proposes to man is free pardon, full forgiveness, complete remission, without money and without price. Let us take hold of this doctrine without delay, if we never received it before. It is for us, as well as for others. We too, this very day, if we come to Christ, may be completely forgiven. Let us cling firmly to this doctrine, if we have received it already. We may sometimes feel faint, and unworthy, and cast down. But if we have really come to Jesus by faith, our sins are completely forgiven. They have been thrown behind God's back— sunk into the depths of the sea. Let us believe and not be afraid.
Why is it such a big deal to be sure that all sins are forgiven, taken away, erased and removed? Why is this such a huge issue? To understand how God looks at sin He has given us over 75 different word pictures describing sin and its effects in the Old Testament. The most completely described picture of sin is leprosy.
To continue reading this message please copy and paste this URL into your browser bar: http://www.dtbm.org/sermon/all-sins-are-forgivable/