A Global Focus Upon Jerusalem
Jesus tells us that when certain events become global we must watch because the end is near. Here is our last look at the elements and events present in the end times.
When Christ Returns there are-- Temple Sacrifices Reinstituted in Israel
- Daniel 9:27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate.” Daniel 12:11 “And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. Daniel foresaw the Antichrist ending the daily sacrifices. Therefore, the Jewish sacrificial system must have first been restored in the last days. Currently, the Temple Institute has created all the temple furniture and vessels. There are also several hundred young Jewish men in training for the Levitical priesthood. Visit: Time for a Temple? - Jewish Plans to Rebuild the Temple * Temple Mount Faithful Movement Sends Letter to Pope Demanding Immediate Return of the Temple Menorah, Vessels and Treasure for Soon-to-be-Rebuilt Temple (tmf) * Israel Seeks Return of Temple Artifacts.
When Christ Returns there is-- A Global Focus Upon Jerusalem
- When the Old Testament prophets wrote the words describing the eyes of the world fearfully fastened upon Jerusalem—most of the city was in ruins, most of the people were already in captivity, and Jerusalem was literally a “God forsaken” pile of rocks. Yet the answer to the question of who would be in possession of Jerusalem is at the center of international turmoil. Zechariah 12:3 And it shall happen in that day that I will make Jerusalem a very heavy stone for all peoples; all who would heave it away will surely be cut in pieces, though all nations of the earth are gathered against it. Almost daily the world news reports on the conflict over Jerusalem. Visit: Prognosis for Jerusalem? (koinonia house) * The Abomination of Desolation (the omega letter) * Tens of Thousands at Jerusalem's Western Wall (ha'aretz) * Man With Lamb Evicted from Western Wall (jerusalem post) * Dome of the Rock Mosque Damaged in Quake (arutz 7) * Encircling of Jerusalem Complicates Prospects for Peace (washington post) * The Incalculable Cost of Palestine - Revisited (jnewswire) * Dividing Jerusalem Will Cost Bush Votes Says Pat Robertson (bridgesforpeace) * Christian Leader Expelled from Temple Mount for Praying (jnewswire) * Damage on Temple Mount Could Bring Deadly Results (forward) * Israeli Colonel Tries to Keep Jerusalem's Temple Mount from Exploding (time) * Structural Collapse On Temple Mount! (world net daily) * Muslim Writer: Jerusalem Not Sacred (world net daily) * Jerusalem Touted As World's Capital (world net daily) * Temple Mount Reopens to Non-Muslim Visitors (world net daily)
When Christ Returns there is-- The Complete Encirclement of Israel by Mortal Enemies
- In the last days, Israel would be surrounded by enemy Nations. Psalm 83:4-8 They have said, “Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation, That the name of Israel may be remembered no more.” 5 For they have consulted together with one consent; They form a confederacy against You: 6 The tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites; Moab and the Hagrites; 7 Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek; Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre; 8 Assyria also has joined with them; They have helped the children of Lot. Visit: Psalm 83 & the Confederacy of Hate So who exactly is this passage speaking of? Who are these undesirable neighbors? While in some cases there is slight disagreement about who is the modern day representative of each ancient name. Most people believe and agree that it is referring to Israel's immediate neighbors. The nations where the ten ancient people groups and tribes mentioned in Psalm 83 live today, are Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and the Palestinian territories within Israel. (David Dolan - " Israel's Next War") Others believe that while some of these nations are easy to trace, others are more speculative. 'We do know that Assyria is the same as modern-day Iraq. And that the Ishmaelites, descended from Abraham and Hagar, were the progenitors of the Arabs. We know the Edomites and the Amalekites were descendents of Esau, and the Moabites and Ammonites from Lot, but to trace them today is well-nigh impossible. The Philistines inhabited the area now known as the Gaza Strip. The city of Tyre was located in what is now Lebanon. Gebal is the same as ancient Gubla or Byblos, located in Phoenica. Some sources list the Hagarites as descendents of Hagar, and therefore a segment of Ishmaelites, but the identification is not positive... (Believers Bible Commentary - William Mcdonald)
When Christ Returns there is-- A Rock City Refuge in Walking Distance of Jerusalem
- The ancient city of Petra (Sela - the rock city) in Jordan would exist and become the refuge for the fleeing Jews during the Tribulation. Matthew 24:16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. ( Isaiah 16:1-4; Revelation 12:6, 14). In 1994, Jordan and Israel signed a peace treaty making Petra a potential refuge for fleeing Jews. Visit: Petra.
- Matthew 24:21-22 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
When Christ Returns there are-- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- We all have started saying a word these days—and have no idea how sobering it should be. God says that at the end of the world--Mankind would be capable of destroying all life. Matthew 24:21-22 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened. Consider that when Jesus made this prediction the armaments of His day were swords and spears. But today, with nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons, it is possible to wipe out all flesh on planet earth.
When Christ Returns there are-- Thermonuclear Weapons
- We talk about them, we see pictures of them, magazine illustrate the effects of them—atomic powered weapons are common to our minds. Yet they were not even dreamed of a century ago. But God's Word anticipates the use of nuclear weapons. Matthew 24:22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.Zechariah 14:12 And this shall be the plague with which the Lord will strike all the people who fought against Jerusalem: Their flesh shall dissolve while they stand on their feet, Their eyes shall dissolve in their sockets, And their tongues shall dissolve in their mouths. The neutron bomb melts (dissolves) its victims - just as Zechariah predicted 2500 years ago. Visit: What is a Neutron Bomb? (manuels web).
- Matthew 24:23-28 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.
When Christ Returns there are-- Global Deceptive Signs and Wonders Abounding
- Matthew 24:24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. ( Matthew 24:24; 2 Thessalonians 2:9). Visit: Last Days Revival or the Great Apostasy
When Christ Returns there is—False Christ Worship
- Many would say that Christ is in the "secret chambers" or "inner rooms" in the last days. Matthew 24:26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. According to the Catholic Church, Christ is in the inner rooms of hundreds of thousands of Catholic churches - either in Eucharistic tabernacles or in Eucharistic monstrances. Jesus also warned that this deception would be acompanied by great signs and wonders. Matthew 24:23-27 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Currently, Eucharistic miracles are reported around the globe. Read appendix A and B of the book Messages From Heaven online @ www.eternal-productions.org or The Eucharist - A Biblical Review (harpazo network) Visit: Eucharistic Adoration (therealpresence.org) * Pope Calls Worldwide Synod of Bishops on Eucharist (zenit) * New Focus on the Eucharist (catholic herald) * Eucharist Adoration News.
- Matthew 24:29-32 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. 32 “Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near.
When Christ Returns there is-- A Global Awareness of Astronomical Events
- Great signs from heaven predicted ( Luke 21:11). Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken . Both natural and supernatural phenomena in the earth and sky appear to be increasing. Visit: Fearful Events * 'Hole in Sky' Amazes Scientists (bbc) * Hundreds See Fireballs Fall From Sky in Spain (reuters) * The Sky Isn't Falling, But Pieces Sure Are (space.com) * Soothsayers See Doom, Gloom in Closeness of Mars (planet ark) * Here Comes Mars (madison) * Spectacular Rare Green Meteor Lights Up Morning Sky (new zealand herald)
When Christ Returns there are-- Solar Flares
- In the past year astronomers have witnessed the greatest solar activities ever recorded. The largest and most powerful solar eruptions have dazzled their instruments and made scientists wonder what is in store for the earth in days ahead. God says that a day is coming when the sun would scorch the inhabitants of the earth. Revelation 16:8-9 Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory. Though this prophecy is clearly a divine judgment on unrepentant mankind, it is interesting that a compromise in the earth's atmosphere due to nuclear war or other ecological disaster could facilitate this judgment. Visit: the Sun There would be "signs in the sun" ( Luke 21:25). This could refer to the increase in sunspots and solar flares. Visit: Signs in the Sun (harpazo network).
When Christ Returns there is--The Rise of a Global Fear of Asteroid or Comet Strike and an Ensuing Devastation
- Movies are made of a thought that no one ever had until our generation. We have become aware of those objects hurtling through space faster than bullets and headed our way! A large asteroid or meteorite predicted to hit the earth during the Tribulation. Matthew 24:29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken . Revelation 8:10-11 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter. In 2002, an asteroid the size of a football field passed extremely close to Earth, remaining undetected until days later. Visit: Asteroid.
Now that we have studied what the world will look like when Jesus comes back, we need to ponder a question. Are we ready for Him to come back? Are we living our lives in anticipation for His return? I would encourage you to be sure you are living in a manner worthy of our Father in Heaven.