God commands the Israelites to destroy the Canaanites.
God instructs the Israelites to remove from their land everything that will lead them to forsake their purity and commitment to the Lord. When we allow corruption inside our walls, it seeps into our lives and destroys us. We must remove the things from our lives that would tempt us or weaken us. Paul wrote, "Make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts" (Romans 13:14). Are there some things you have carried over from your earlier days that ought to be removed from your life? Why not remove them right away?
· Use this psalm to praise the God of the past and the future:
I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart;
I will tell of all Your marvelous works.
I will be glad and rejoice in You;
I will sing praise to Your name,
O Most High
· Now pray this confession to the Lord to keep your life free from sin and in fellowship with Him:
Who among you fears the Lord?
Who obeys the voice of His Servant?
Who walks in darkness
And has no light?
Let him trust in the name of the Lord
And rely upon his God
· Confess any sins that the Holy Spirit brings to your mind. As you agree with God's will, voice your affirmation of His Word:
Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in or steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also (Matthew 6:19-21).
· As you make your requests known to the Lord, pray for:
· wisdom in decision making,
· needs of your friends,
· your prayer list.
· Now offer this prayer of worship to the Lord:
Save Your people,
And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd us also,
And bear us up forever
(based on Psalm 28:9).