Remember, you are God's sword, His instrument — a chosen vessel unto Him to bear His name. It is not great talent that God blesses so much as great likeness to Jesus Christ. A holy Christian is an awesome weapon in the hand of God.
— Robert Murray McCheyne, 1836
At the very heart of someone with a holy obsession is the realization that God doesn't just choose sinners to be partakers in His divine nature, He chooses the worst of them. Unless we, like McCheyne, remind ourselves of the great indebtedness we have to the gospel every day of our lives, we will begin to content ourselves with becoming a retired display on a wall — like swords at a museum used in wars past, dulled and rusted — rather than active weapons in the hands of an awesome God.
1. Three Radical Refusals (Romans 15:14)
2. Gripped by Grace (Romans 15:15-16)
3. The Magnification of the Master (Romans 15:17-19)
4. Great Expectations (Romans 15:20-29)
5. On Your Mark, Get Set...Pray! (Romans 15:30-33)